Welcome to Reykjavik Tourist Information.
Reykjavik Tourist Information (“us,” “we,” or “our”) operates www.reykjaviktouristinfo.is (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
PURPOSE AND LEGALITY
Reykjavik Tourist Information endeavors to meet the requirements of all applicable data protection legislation. This policy is based on the Icelandic Act no. 77/2000 on protecting privacy regarding personal data processing (“Data Protection Legislation”), as amended.
PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Our customers are mainly individuals, but they may also be legal persons
Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- contact information, e.g., name, ID number, address, phone number, and email address;
- travel period;
- information on the purpose of the trip and special wishes for the journey;
- information regarding the combination of the travel group;
- health and religion information;
- country of residence;
- IP number, when needed; and
- billing information.
In addition to the information above, Reykjavik Tourist Information may collect and process other data that you provide to the company, e.g., photographs and data essential for its business.
In general, Reykjavik Tourist Information obtains the personal data directly from you. If data is obtained from a third party, the company will endeavor to inform you.
HOW WE USE AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your data in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information you request about our products.
- To send you email marketing messages and information.
- To fulfill your bookings.
- To confirm your purchases.
- To ensure you are correctly billed.
- To measure and track demographic details about our customers.
- To target the content on our website to more closely match your interests.
- To target the appropriate content for email marketing messages to match your interests better.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Reykjavik Tourist Information may disclose your data to contractors, consultants, and suppliers about their work for the company. Therefore, personal data may be disclosed to external parties that provide us with IT services and service providers of trips that we book on your behalf.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Iceland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Iceland and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
Disclosure for Law Enforcement.
- Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to public authorities’ valid requests.
- If our subsidiaries or we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred.
Other cases. We may disclose your information also:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to include your company’s logo on our website;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the Company’s rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others.
HOW IS THE SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA SECURED?
We seek to store your Personal Information in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information by our employees or third parties.
Your data’s security is important to us but remember that no transmission method over the Internet or electronic storage method is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times. Reykjavik Tourist Information will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your Personal Information. Retention of personal data
Reykjavik Tourist Information will endeavor to retain your personal data only for as long as necessary for processing unless otherwise permitted or obligated by law.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a European Union resident (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain European Union residents’ data protection rights covered by GDPR. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or to delete the information we have on you;
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format;
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information;
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not be able to provide Service without some necessary data. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
COMMUNICATION WITH THE COMPANY
Within Reykjavik Tourist Information, the Quality & IT department is responsible for enforcing this data protection policy. Below you can find the contact information:
The company’s contact information:
Reykjavík Tourist Informati ehf.
Hverfisgata 105, 101 Reykjavík
You also have a right to complain with The Icelandic Data Protection Authority. A complaint can be made by writing to:
The Icelandic Data Protection Authority
105 Reykjavík, Iceland
Reykjavik Tourist Information reserves the right to review this policy by changes to applicable legislation or regulations or changes in the company’s personal data processing. You will be notified of any changes made to this policy with an updated version, in the same manner that this policy was presented to you.
Any amendments that may be made to the policy will affect after the updated version has been presented to you.
Reykjavík Tourist Informati ehf.
Hverfisgata 105, 101 Reykjavík
00 354 454 2000
Last updated 26th of January 2021